Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back in Business!

My new camera has arrived!! I'm going to have to develop some muscles to use this powerful piece of photographic beefiness. I am a Nikon devotee and was debating replacing my stolen D70 with either a D90 or D300. After waffling for quite some time, my husband talked me into the D300. It will have a learning curve. There's so much I can do with it and it will really push me to be more creative and knowledgeable. It is quite a bit heavier with the metal casing instead of plastic, but that also makes it a lot more weather proof. It has so many buttons, right now, I can figure out about 1/3 of them on my own. Hopefully I can develop into a photographer worthy of such a tool. With that, here are the first pictures with the new camera!

Bees and Basil - Bees are extremely difficult to photograph, especially at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. They are busy and in almost constant movement. I also met a nice little spider, actually he's rather large, and he was really enjoying all the bees present.



No comments:

Post a Comment