Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Prompt 2 - Fifty Zillion Flowers

Assignment 2 was to take pictures of flowers from all different angles...get close up, get far away, shoot from above, shoot from below. I had a lot of fun with this assignment. First, I took the plant outside: I shot from a distance.

Then I pulled out my close-up filter and was able to get the detail on the flower. I love that you can see little dust particles on the petals.

Then I took some pictures inside later in the day. The later lighting changed the color of the flowers. I was also able to shoot so the light coming from the window shows through the petals. The flower veins are very cool!


I wouldn't usually think about photographing from behind the flower. But, I think it worked really well with the lighting and thin petals of the plant. What a great assignment. I always love it when I'm able to be pushed to think outside the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment