Sunday, November 28, 2010

South Beach, Pt. Reyes

I had a day off for Veteran's Day and decided to get out of the house. My goal was to reach the Point Reyes Lighthouse, but I didn't know how far it was and didn't think to fill the car with gas. When the needs gas light came on, I decided to find a place to stop, not sure that I could make it to the lighthouse and then to a gas station. I found South Beach. It's a small little beach, which had about 10 people visiting it. I grabbed my deli sandwich, my journal and my IPOD. It was nice to have some beach time. The weather this year kept me from my usual beach outings. After lunch, I grabbed my camera and took a walk.



I really like how the fog and the clouds blend into one in this picture. It really was a beautiful day. I brought a jacket, but it stayed in the car. This picture is the physical reminder I have of a calm, relaxing, slow-moving, thoughtful day. I need more days like this.

I couldn't decide if I liked the picture with my shoes in focus or the one with the shoes out of focus. Although, the colors in the first one are a lot better. I really liked this idea. Now to find a beach that doesn't have a curved road leading to it.


I like how the focus is on the street reflectors. There's a lot of possibility in this picture. Will you ever get to the beach? Does the road curve away or towards it? You just don't know. That's what I like about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment